About Carousell Group
Carousell Group is the leading multi-category platform for secondhand in Greater Southeast Asia on a mission to inspire the world to start selling, and to make secondhand the first choice. Founded in August 2012 in Singapore, the Group has a leading presence in seven markets under the brands Carousell, Cho Tot, Laku6, Mudah.my, OneShift, Ox Luxe, Ox Street, and Refash, serving tens of millions of monthly active users. Carousell is backed by leading investors including Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver, STIC Investments and Sequoia Capital India.
As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell. Our culture is made up of hiring, developing, and promoting people who embody our values of HEART, which is an acronym for Humility, Empathy, Accountability, Relentlessly resourceful and Teamwork. Together as an organisation, we make magic happen.
About Chotot and Mudah
Established in 2012, Chotot.com is the first re-commerce platform in Vietnam pioneering classified 4.0 with more than 1 billion page views every month. There are on average 9 out of 10 Vietnamese people who are aware of Cho Tot when asking about selling and buying in any category. With the motto “Muốn Là Có” (“A Way to Your Wants”), we leverage technology to build a simple, efficient and reliable platform that meets all the wants and needs in all stages of your life. There are more than 60 categories on Chotot.com, meaning whether you are looking for a house, a car, a job, a pet or a piece of vegetable, you can find on our site. Whether you are passing things you once loved or giving them to people in need, we are here to assist.
Mudah.my is Malaysia’s largest digital platform for selling and finding almost anything - from Cars to Cameras, Properties to Pets, Mobile phones to Motorcycles, Treadmills to Textbooks, Bicycles to Beds, Guitars to Golf sets, Plants to Printers, Watches to Washing machines, Tyres to Tablets, Dresses to Drums, Shoes to Shops, Collectibles to Computers, Jobs and more – Semua Pun Mudah! Mudah’s mission is to democratise commerce by empowering everyone, especially individuals and budding entrepreneurs, with a platform of equal opportunity.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Product Director to lead the Platform Product portfolio that powers our Chotot and Mudah marketplace communication and trust foundations. This is a key critical role that would contribute greatly to our mission and business success.
In this role, you will be responsible for defining the overall product strategy and championing the delivery of the enabling solutions that help buyers, sellers and businesses connect, engage and transact effectively and safely in our marketplaces.
You will lead a team of product managers who are responsible for product development, partnering closely with other product engineering, data, marketing and operations teams. The role is based in Ho Chi Minh city, reporting directly to the CTO and partnering closely with engineering heads of Chotot, Mudah and other businesses in the Carousell group.
- Drive our product strategy, planning and delivery for common platform products across Chotot and Mudah.
- Align product priority with broader business objectives with clear measurable product goals.
- Continuously improve Product cadences in close collaboration with relevant engineering organisations.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement through mentoring, feedback and metrics.
- Inspire the team to innovate and amp up execution to delight users with great product experience.
- Develop strategic domain insights by combining internal data, market and user research, and industry best practices to deliver breakthrough opportunities.
Attitude and behaviours critical to success
To be successful in this role you must be dedicated to our mission and care deeply about our users. In addition to focusing on flawless execution you will have high energy, intellectual curiosity, great leadership and a proven track record of delivering results. When data is not available, you must rely on your instincts and judgement to make high quality decisions quickly.
- Strong product management with experience in technology platform products.
- Technology background in previous industry experience.
- User focus product mindset, great empathy and user obsession with trained muscle in making data inform decisions.
- Strong drive and resourcefulness to persevere and overcome obstacles.
- Highly influential communication both verbal and written.
- Analytical skills to extract insights from data via self-serve data analytical tools.
Nice to have
- Can code and understand how a cloud native software works.
- Strong team management and experience in coaching product managers.
- Multi level stakeholders and functional team management.
Thank you for taking your time to read our job description and thank you in advance if you decide to apply for this position. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks since application, otherwise we might meet when another chance arises.