Cho Tot is expanding our engineering strength to power our business growth and build products that help our users to buy and sell much more effectively, safely, and with an engaging experience in both Chotot.com and each specific verticals marketplace such as Chotot Xe, Chotot Nha, VieclamTot.
About the role
We are looking for a deeply technical, customer-focused, empathetic Engineering Manager to join us in Da Nang on this exciting journey. You will have the opportunity to build and work with a team of talented engineers across Vietnam as well as in our international engineering in the Carousell group. You will be joining Chotot’s vertical marketplace experience engineering team and be responsible for building product solutions that help us expand our product offering to solve problems for users in Auto and Property marketplaces.
- Lead the development of high quality, impactful, scalable products, and systems that delight users and achieve business goals
- Operate these systems in production at high availability and reliability levels, while minimizing infrastructure cost
- Hold your team to high standards in engineering and quality practices, speed of delivery, architecture, and design, and code quality
- Attract, develop and retain great engineers, who thrive working in an innovative, user-focused, fast-paced environment
- Work closely with other engineering managers and engineers across multiple platforms and domains.
- Set clear measurable goals for your engineers
- Foster a culture of continuous growth and improvement through coaching, mentoring, feedback, and clear measurable outcomes.
- Collaborate on product plans and discovery with your product manager and designer counterparts.
- Contribute to improving and scaling the engineering organization. Mentor engineers in the organization, imparting technical knowledge, industry best practices, and leadership skills.
You will have demonstrated
Attitudes and Behaviors
- User obsession and empathy.
- Focus on impact and results. You work on the right things and get them done.
- Drive and resourcefulness to persevere and overcome obstacles achieving challenging goals.
- Exceptional technical judgment. Willingness and ability to take smart risks and fail forward.
- Ability and motivation to roll up the sleeves and dive deep to help the team
- Track record of successfully solving complex and ambiguous problems.
- High integrity and ability to positively collaborate with others.
- Ability to speak and write succinctly and clearly.
- 5+ years of industry experience, including 1+ years experience as a hands-on, engineering manager.
- A track record of developing and leading a product engineering team via mentorship and coaching of diverse, multi-cultural engineers.
- Deep knowledge of open-source, cloud-native software, and distributed systems in various programming languages. Go preferred as that’s what we use, but not required.
- Strong CS foundation and practical experience with software development, architecture, and design. Excellent knowledge of distributed system concepts, problems, and solution patterns.
- Experience working with the following software architectures, techniques, and technologies: microservices, domain-driven design, containerization, Kubernetes, Istio, Prometheus, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Elastic Search, PostgreSQL, Nginx, Kong, cloud infrastructure using AWS or GCP.
- Business and product mindset. Ability to identify, evaluate and convey engineering and technology choices and trade-offs.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a strong academic record, in Computer Science, IT, or Engineering.
What's in it for you:
- Plenty of sharing and learning activities as part of our initiatives to contribute to the tech community in Vietnam.
- 15 days of annual leave and 5 days of sick leave per year.
- Health insurance for employee and their family members.
- MacBook Pro.
- 13th-month salary and annual performance bonus.
- Regular team-building activities and company parties.
- Most importantly, codes that impact the lives of millions of people!