Operations Lead (MobileX)
Carousell Group is the leading multi-category platform for secondhand in Greater Southeast Asia on a mission to inspire the world to start selling, and to make secondhand the first choice. Founded in August 2012 in Singapore, the Group has a leading presence in seven markets under the brands Carousell, Cho Tot, Laku6, Mudah, OneShift, Ox Luxe, Ox Street, and Refash, serving tens of millions of monthly active users. Carousell is backed by leading investors including Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver, STIC Investments and Sequoia Capital India.
As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell. Our culture is made up of hiring, developing, and promoting people who embody our values of HEART, which is an acronym for Humility, Empathy, Accountability, Relentlessly resourceful and Teamwork. Together as an organization, we make magic happen.
Established in 2012, chotot.com is the first re-commerce platform in Vietnam pioneering classified 4.0 with more than 1 billion page views every month. On average, 9 out of 10 Vietnamese people are aware of Cho Tot when asking about selling and buying in any category. With the motto “Muốn Là Có” (“A Way to Your Wants”), we leverage technology to build a simple, efficient, and reliable platform that meets all the wants and needs in all stages of your life. There are more than 60 categories on chotot.com, meaning whether you are looking for a house, a car, a job, a pet, or a piece of vegetable, you can find them on our site. Whether you are passing things you once loved or giving them to people in need, we are here to assist.
At Cho Tot, you will be part of our young and dynamic team in a fast-moving and fun-loving environment. You will receive opportunities to reach all the potentials you can think of in your career ladder. Cho Tot provides a competitive salary and full benefits. More importantly, we are a family within the company to support each other to learn, grow and immerse in new experiences every day. Every member of our family will be there with you on your path of passion to deliver the best online classified site to serve Vietnamese people. Being part of a bigger global organization, at Cho Tot you will also be given opportunities to collaborate with global distributed teams across the world to tackle and provide solutions for some of the most challenging problems in the emerging internet business space. Since 2019, Cho Tot is part of Carousell.
Laku6 is the leading AI-first end-to-end Electronics Recommerce platform in Indonesia where our technology has helped over 500,000 users sell their gadgets directly for cash or via Trade-In with leading eCommerce Partners and in over 1,000 offline retail shops. We believe that making it easier for sellers to sell and safer for buyers to buy used-electronics and smartphones is a critical step to achieving that.
In July 2022, we became a part of Carousell Group, via one of the largest capital investments to-date into the region's Electronics Recommerce space. As part of our expansion plans, we have recently launched in Singapore in September 2022.
Laku6's technology integrated with Carousell's regional platform of tens of millions of users will make buying and selling used electronics more accessible than ever before for millions of users; this will extend the life-cycle of electronics goods and slow down the growth of e-waste.
About the Position
Operations are the heartbeat of our service - ensuring our operations team is levels ahead of the general market in terms of their quality control and speed of work - as businesses depend on the operations team to drive their productivity 24/7/365. As the Operations Lead, you will report to the General Manager for Vietnam market to create and implement operational strategies, refine processes, and drive innovation that can lay the blueprint for our potential new market openings.
We’re looking for someone who is process-driven, detail-oriented, and organized, but also excited to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. You will manage a team that manages warehouse, inbound and outbound logistics, so aside from being a proven individual contributor you will need to have strong leadership and coaching skills.
Overseeing the Vietnam operations of the company to ensure everything is running effectively and efficiently, including
- Request management: management the request coordination effectively to serve customers as value propositions of service promised.
- Inbound: Reverse Logistics collecting devices. Encompasses maintaining our own fleet and partnership with 3PLs.
- Warehouse Processing: Used-Phone processing warehouse receiving, inspecting and storing devices in a fast-moving environment.
- Packaging: ensure the packaging of the goods is suitable for each product type, product quantity and delivery condition
- Outbound: Ensuring Outbound SOP is strictly followed and the satisfied lead-time for Consumer customers across Vietnam receive their orders effectively and efficiently by working with 3PLs.
- Balancing attention to detail with swift execution - following through our standard SOP while maintaining quality is key.
- Work closely with the accountant team to implement operation processes such as reconciliation, import and export at the warehouse.
- Problem Solving - we operate a technology platform so all kinds of obstacles, barriers, problems, and snags happen on a daily basis and you must be ready to solve them as fast as they happen.
- Process optimization - we not only need to create and constantly optimize our own processes for this market, but for the many more markets that are to follow in the near future.
- Ability to learn new skills and grow with the role. As Laku6 continues to expand, this role will be in charge of directing and overseeing additional operational processes and projects as required.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in Operations
- Prefer the candidate from E-commerce platform company
- Excellent knowledge and proficiency in logistics and process-design
- Have experience in Electronic industry is a plus
- Posses leadership experience in a fast-paced work environment
- Black belt in data analytics and management
- Process-driven to the very detail
- Ability to present factual findings in comprehensive reports
- Experience solving complex problems, exercising good judgment in ambiguous circumstances, and effectively communicating across team
- Fluently English (speaking and writing)
Thank you for taking your time to read our job description and thank you in advance if you decide to apply for this position. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of application, otherwise, we might meet when another chance arises.